Legalize It!

It's been a while since I have posted anything here - mostly because I have been riding the bike and enjoying it!

I got insurance on the R65 pretty much right away, which was super cheap - like $8 for the rest of the year - but the plate and tags were from Washington back in 2006. I was risking catching the attention of law enforcement. I'm getting too old to be running from the cops, and besides, the old R65 isn't all that fast anyway. So back in June, I figured it was probably time to make it street legal.

After a couple of hours sitting in the DMV office and paying all of the fees, I rode off A-J squared away.




Even though the bike is a bit ugly at this point, with its mismatched paint and scratches and dents - and jacked up fiberglass on the fender - it's been a really fun bike to ride.


Now that it is in good condition, mechanically speaking, it's time to start making it look nice.

On top: I need to take care of that f-ed up front fender...

Comments